As many of you know the Governor has allowed golf courses to re-open starting this Friday, May 1st. This is great news however it does come with some restrictions. The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has come up with safety guidelines which Black Sheep Golf Club is following and can be found here.
Here is what to expect:
- The golf course will have limited availability and we will limit the number of players on the golf course at all times.
- All members must call or email ahead of time for a tee time. Tee times will be assigned in order of phone call or email received. Once the maximum number of tee times for a day have been reserved no more tee times will be allowed for that day. If you show up unannounced, we will make every effort but may not be able to accommodate you if all tee times have been assigned.
- Players will be grouped in twosomes or less. Tee times will be staggered so there is no congregating anywhere on the golf course.
- Monday – Friday the first tee will open at 8 a.m. Saturday & Sunday’s 7:30 a.m.
- On Friday ONLY, a member will be allowed one (1) guest at a rate of $50.
- Beginning Saturday, a member will be allowed one (1) guest at any time and three (3) guests one day per week only at regular guest fee rates and subject to availability. A member and three (3) guests will play as two (2) twosomes.
- To go food will be available Friday-Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (limited menu and weather permitting)
- To go drinks will be available at the back of the clubhouse.
- The Clubhouse and Bag Room will be closed. If you need you golf clubs or anything out of your locker, please call ahead of time and we will pull them out of for you. Once finished, no storage will be permitted. The member must take his clubs and all personal belongings home.
- Black Sheep will operate at a minimum basic operations level of staff to limit customer and staff contact.
- Masks will not be provided, and you MUST practice 8’ social distancing while on the grounds at all times including the space between your playing partner, other golfers, and staff.
IDOC Player Restrictions:
- Any player with any symptoms of COVID-19 should not play.
- In addition, any players from a household with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 should not play.
- Golfers must walk and carry own clubs. No caddies will be allowed.
- Bring your own supply of balls, tees, ball markers, and any other equipment needed to play golf.
- Insist on social distancing on tees, greens, and throughout the round.
- Players shall maintain adequate physical distancing between other twosomes.
- Golfers should pick up their own ball
- Handle your own scorecard
- Bring your own water/sports drink, towel, and snack
- Do not use the public drinking fountain or ball cleaner
- Leave the flag in place while putting
- Sort out the sand in the bunker with a club
- Put on you golf shoes at your vehicle
- Bring hand sanitizer with you and use during your round and at the end
- No handshakes at the beginning of the round or at the 18th hole
To reiterate, it is important to maintain the recommended actions for social distancing and practice tips from the CDC. If you or your guest are immune deficient in any way or fearful for your own wellness as it relates to public settings, please stay home. If you, or a member of your family is sick or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home. If you know that you have been in contact with someone who is sick or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
We plan to continue to assess the situation and modify where feasible on a week to week basis. We wish your families continued health and hope to see you at the club soon.
Vince Solano, President
Jeff Luetkehans, General Manager